The installation process for GRP Fibreglass Roofing Systems is as follows:
- We remove all existing roofing materials and construct falls using timber furrings. This is to ensure that surface water is cleared as quickly as possible from your new roof and that it is fully compliant with building regulations. We then install 18mm OSB3 construction boards to the whole area.
- We then install and secure the pre-formed rigid edge and drip trims and apply fibreglass bandage joints to the whole area.
- After that we apply the first coat of resin basecoat, lay fibreglass matting and then soak with the second coat of resin basecoat.
- Then the final top coating and finish in the colour of your choice is applied.
- Inside we insert 70mm foil backed insulation boards to the whole of the internal ceiling area.
- Plaster boards are then installed and completed with a plaster skim finish to give you a fantastic, finished look.
At Canova we understand that any building work can be a stressful time for a home owner. We strive to ensure that all of our clients know exactly what to expect at every stage of the installation process for GRP fibreglass roofs. You will know exactly what is happening at every stage and how long the work will last. We understand that good, honest and clear communication is vital for all of our clients. It gives reassurance and peace of mind which is backed up with our comprehensive 20 year guarantee.
Your roof will have a solid, fully waterproofed finish complete with a 20 year guarantee and peace of mind knowing that our GRP Fibreglass roofing system has durability for the next 30 years.